Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I've been a bad, bad bloy


"I have no idea how this happens
All my maps have been overthrown"
- "You Are My Face", Wilco

I swear (frequently, but mostly under my breath), I started this blog thing with the best intentions. And, for a few weeks I was on a roll. Then, summer happened. The perfect storm of weddings, the kid's summer vacation and my ongoing, lifelong battle with making "good use of my time" knocked me way off course.
The funny/sad thing is, 6 weeks ago, I was quickly addicted to the idea after being dragged,
 kicking and cynical, to the blog thing. I was always checking my stats on Google Analytics, giggling because I had one reader in Serbia and Montenegro.
What is it about the inability to get things done while the mind wanders? Should I be delusional and defend it as part of the creative process? Nah. My biggest hurdle is getting started. When I'm busy, that big pile of to-do's looks like a mountain. I like to look at mountains, they're beautiful, but climbing them is a completely different enchilada. Great, now I'm hungry.
Alright, enough late-nite navel gazing. I've had some great shoots with some damn good-looking clients lately and, no more excuses, I'm going to share them. Soon.
But first, a vacation picture of my son, with his first-ever catch (and release). I have no idea what kind of fish this was but, man, they sure seemed to eager to get onto a hook and out of that lake. FYI, Campfire Bay Resort on Fish Trap Lake in Minnesota. Bliss, with a beach.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if that isn't the cutest little guy. He seems a bit perplexed at his catch.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, can he be any cuter?!?! What a great moment.