Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Amanda + Michael

These two endeared themselves to me right away. Amanda encouraged my ninja silliness from her 1st email. She also threw tradition to the wind and wore a green dress while simultaneously tossing caution into that same gust and went sans straps (Don't try that at home!). Michael, besides being funny and laid back, shares my follicular shortcomings, without being nearly as bitter about it as me.

Michael's father, Daniel, performed the ceremony. It's always touching to see a relative officiate a ceremony. Personally, if I had to do it, I'd be weeping like a baby. The Deacon held it together nicely while I only got a little misty.

The reception, atop the Holiday Inn downtown, featured a first. While it's not uncommon for a child or 2 or 3 to try to take part in the ceremonial 1st dance, it is unusual to see a father swoop in like a hawk and pluck the offending child off the floor (see below). Well played.



















No comments: