Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Come on, get happy!: Elara + Mike

When I interviewed with Elara and her lovely mother last year, she seemed like such a happy person. Maybe it was the stress of having a wedding day with great weather, a beautiful location and the constant attention of Mike, her doting, loving groom, but I couldn't seem to get a smile out of her. Have a look, it's sad that such a winsome bride couldn't have a better time on her biggest day.

Mom gets some help securing the back of Elara's dress.

Sure it's a cliche but if it's fun, then I say to heck with worrying about that. Besides, even an old chestnut like can reveal something about the subjects.

Elara's father didn't say much on Saturday but his non-stop smile spoke volumes.


I don't know what this device is called that Elara is jumping for joy upon, but it's a series of plates that sounds musical tones when pressed. I think this would have been a good time for video.




I have no idea what the exact placement of the garter was here but I believe Elara wished it was positioned in a spot easier for Mike to find.


I'm more than a decade away from watching my son get married but I can already sympathize with Mike's mother holding on tight during their dance.

I don't think this little one has been to nearly as many weddings as me but even once might be too much for some to witness otherwise dignified people move to a terribly loud version of the "Electric Slide."


Thank you, Elara + Mike. You and your friends and family were warm and gracious subjects. Elara, you were beaming, beautiful and organized, the perfectly-balanced bride.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark,

I have been checking your website since the wedding hoping to see some pictures. Alas, they are up! Thank you so much! They are amazing!!! I can't wait for the rest! :)

Elara

Unknown said...

I love it when I'm right and I was right about you. The pics are fabulous, as I knew they would be. Thanks for getting them up so quickly.
Now get to work on the rest of them!!
The M.O.B.