Friday, August 17, 2007

Love, urban style: Amanda + Michael

I often tell my clients that to make a successful session I need several things from them: relax, have fun, get their hands on each other and forget the camera by being into the other. I call it the "Lovin', Touchin' and Squeezin' school of couples portraiture (shout out to the class of '82!). Amanda + Michael brought the love like Barry White on Saturday night for their engagement shoot.

I've blatantly overgrazed several spots around downtown Des Moines this summer in my effort to improve my portraiture. No creative person, or even me, wants to repeat themselves too often. However, there's something about ivy and ramshackle warehouse walls that I find irresistible. When that ivy is felled by the inevitable cold weather and it's impossible to work outdoors, I'll be the boy pining for spring.








No comments: